Printing: Digital CMYK or Letterpress
Card stock: Real Cherry Wood
Total thickness: approx. 40pt / 0.40 in / 1mm
Because the inks are not 100% opaque, the wood color and texture may show slightly through the print.
Wood has natural variance in shades, patterns and textures and each sheet will appear different.
IMPORTANT - Digital printing considerations
Digital printing has a slightly shinier look than offset.To keep the natural matte finish of the paper, we recommend using a light coverage artwork where the background remains mostly white.
For optimal results, we strongly recommend that you don't use large solid printed areas or gradients. Avoid banding issues by using paper’s natural color as a background rather than printing a full solid color.
IMPORTANT - Letterpress printing considerations>
Wood doesn't allow an impression as deep as a soft cotton stock. Letterpress is not suitable for every project. If your project is not appropriate for letterpress printing, you may want to do digital printing instead.
- Paper, color and imprint has variations from piece to piece because of the manual nature of letterpress printing.
- Colors are printed one at a time. Letterpress is great for 1 or 2 color jobs. Pantones only, no CMYK.
- Letterpress is meant to be used for minimal ink coverage. Large solid areas are far from ideal.
- Depth of impression can vary depending on the image coverage and the paper selection.
- No halftones, no gradients, no photos. Solid colors only.
- Vector or high quality tiff files only. No JPEGs please.
- Width of lines must be a minimum of 0.25pt.
- 6pt sans serif minimum font size. Reverse type minimum font size is 12pt or it can clog up.
*More details on production time here.
Are you on a RUSH? See our rush business cards here.